(As part of this)
1) After a long night of fevers and not much sleep, we took Doozer to a doctor nearby. He wasn’t terribly sick, but his temperature had hit the numbers where you’re supposed to see a doctor if you can, and besides: we’re too far from home to not be cautious. He has a cold, and a bit of an ear infection. We’re to continue doing the things we were doing and cuddle him just as much as we were already. This cost $100.
2) When given access to a refrigerator of free fizzy pop, the idea of fizzy pop gets boring quite quickly.
3) I ate a biscuit that was peanut butter and curry flavoured. I liked it.
4) On arriving home, I was greeted by a sloppy kiss, tiny arms tightly clinging round my neck and, after a few minutes, my cupped hand full of vomit. Parenthood: it’s very swings-and-roundabouty. But mainly swingy.
Whichever is the good one.
5) I am starting to pine for a sofa. When I get home, I am going to walk straight up to my sofa, and shake it warmly by the sofa.