[Even though these things do not in any way stop me from having the most wonderful wonderful time. They are just curiously incidental, that is all.]
1. Something bad, though not irretrievably bad will take place, generally involving the outward trip. CHECK
2. Whatever I have been waiting to be delivered all week will be delivered three hours after I have left. CHECK
3. There will be at least one moment where I have an anxiety flap about not wanting to be an annoying British tourist who can’t speak the resident language – but being rather hopeless to help that, that being exactly what I am. CHECK
4. I will in some way bugger my foot and be reduced to limping on my return. CHECK
5. Having a complete inability to keep away from email and blog comments, I will find some way of checking them, before discovering that I can’t cope with the slow connection and/or funny keyboard, and the whole thing is as pointless as not having been able to check them at all, but more frustrating. CHECK
6. My dear blog-peer and starry mate will appear on some popular Radio programme or other and say nice things about me but then if anyone comes to have a look they will find sadly little, as I have been on holiday and things. CHECK
(Although admittedly that doesn’t happen that often.
Or ever, really, apart from today.)
Now, I must go and upload eleventy-billion photos, read fifteentuple-dozen emails and recently updated blogs, and pet two cats who have gone mental on our return. I will update you as soon as I’ve done all that.
It mightn’t take too long, I was planning on being a bit slapdash.